Call Today for a Consultation
Toll Free: 800-495-9153
Local: 321-426-1848

Making changes to a revocable trust

Some Florida residents who already have established trusts may have things take place that prompt them to wonder whether or not they can make changes to the trusts. In most cases, people are able to do so if they have established living trusts.

If grantors need to make simple changes to their trusts, they might be able to do so by completing trust amendment forms to include with their trust documents. If there are a large number of changes that need to be made, however, it can be confusing for administrators of the trusts when there are numerous amendment forms.

When major changes need to be made, some people believe that they must draft completely new trusts. However, doing so would mean that they would need to retitle all of the assets that are held in the trust into the new one. People might avoid this hassle by completing an amendment form together with a restatement of the trust. A restatement is essentially like creating a new trust, but it simply restates the old one to reflect the modifications. This can alleviate the need to retitle everything.

People who believe that they need to make changes to their revocable trusts may want to consult with their estate planning attorneys who can review the trust documents and the proposed changes in order to determine how best to complete the modifications. They may also advise their clients about the potential impacts of the desired changes. If the changes are simple, they may draft amendment forms. If the modifications are numerous or more complex, they may draft restatements of the trusts together with amendment forms so that they can best represent their clients' interests and intentions.

No Comments

Leave a comment
Comment Information

Consult Our Florida Lawyer for Veterans Aid & Attendance

Feel free to contact us and schedule an initial consultation where we can review your circumstances in an intimate setting and discuss how our Brevard County Elder lawyer can help you. Simply call Amy B. Van Fossen, P.A., locally at 321-426-1848 or toll free at 800-495-9153. We look forward to meeting you.

How Can We Help You?

Bold labels are required.

Contact Information

The use of the Internet or this form for communication with the firm or any individual member of the firm does not establish an attorney-client relationship. Confidential or time-sensitive information should not be sent through this form.


Privacy Policy

Visit Our Office

Law Office of Amy B. Van Fossen, P.A.
1696 West Hibiscus Blvd
Suite A
Melbourne, FL 32901

Toll Free: 800-495-9153
Phone: 321-426-1848
Fax: 321-345-5417
Map & Directions

Review Us

We accept

VISA | MasterCard | American Express | Discover Network